SafeHouse Center Mission
SafeHouse Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide safety, support, advocacy and resources for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and their children, and to work relentlessly to change the systems and attitudes that allow this abuse to continue.
- SafeHouse Center is the center for providing leadership, support and advocacy for this work in Washtenaw County.
- We know that we cannot do this alone. We will provide the leadership to build effective community partnerships and drive the systems changes required to end assaults on women.
- We are committed to the empowerment of all women and believe that all people should be valued without bias and should be treated with dignity and respect. This feminist philosophy guides our actions and service delivery. We believe in liberty and justice for all – no exceptions.
- Sexual assault and domestic violence are never the fault of the survivor.
- We will promote safety, justice and autonomy for survivors and their children.
- We will provide an environment of support and hope for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- We believe that the prevention of sexual assault and domestic violence must continue to move from the private sphere into the arena of public policy and community responsibility.
- We believe that every person is affected by oppression and that it is impossible to end violence against women and children without working toward the end of all forms of oppression.
- We will not remain silent in the face of discrimination and oppression because complacency and silence perpetuate inequality and violence.
- We are committed to operate with integrity and high ethical standards in all that we do.