Ways You Can Help
SafeHouse Center provides safety, support, advocacy and resources for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and their children. We are available to all residents who live and work in Washtenaw County. SafeHouse Center provides emergency shelter, a 24 hour crisis line, 24 hour response teams, counseling and legal advocacy services, and support groups. Each year we help more than 5,000 survivors and their children find healing, support and hope.
While many of our direct service programs are funded by grants, recent funding cuts have increased the need for private support. It is now necessary for SafeHouse Center to privately raise 70% of our annual operating costs. Now, more than ever, your support is needed.
The need for safe shelter, 24 hour crisis services and ongoing support programs is critical in our community. Domestic violence and sexual assault affect all of us personally. Our wives, daughters, sisters, friends, employees…One in four women are survivors. Without SafeHouse Center, there is no support.
Please join us in making a positive difference in the lives of survivors and their children. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
There are a number of ways you can make a contribution to SafeHouse Center. For more information about donating, please contact the Development Department at (734) 973-0242 ext. 273.
- Cash or Check – In person from 9:00-5:00 Monday through Friday, or by mail. We are located at 4100 Clark Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Credit Card – we accept all major credit cards – Amex. VISA, Discover and MasterCard. You can either download the PDF Donation Form and mail it to our office or donate online by visiting our Online Donation page.
- Stocks, Bonds or Mutual Funds – please call our Finance Manager, Karla Chapman at 734-973-0242 ext 221 for more information.
- Bequests and Insurance – Donors may designate SafeHouse Center as a beneficiary in their wills and/or as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Employee Matching Gifts – Please check with your employer if they have a matching gift policy.
- Gift Certificates / Cards – e.g. phone cards, gift cards from grocery stores and other stores.
- Host a Third Party event – Host an event to benefit SafeHouse Center. Click here for more information and ideas about third party events and how we can help you.
- In-kind or donation of items – please download the Donation Wishlist.
- Shop at Amazon.com – SafeHouse is now set up as an Amazon.com affiliate, so any purchases made through this link provide a benefit to SafeHouse at no cost to you. Click here to visit Amazon.com. Please consider clicking on this link and making it your Amazon.com bookmark so all the shopping you do there will benefit SafeHouse.
- Order Amazon.com Wishlist Items – Use your trusted Amazon.com account to donate specific items selected by SafeHouse staff. Click here to view the SafeHouse wishlist.
Donations can be mailed or dropped off at:
4100 Clark Road, Ann Arbor , MI 48105
Monday-Friday between 9 am and 5 pm
Please note that we are unable to accept used clothing at this time.